MAUERSAN is a premix formulated with limes and hydraulic binders, microsilic with pozzolanic reactivity, selected aggregates in rational particle size distribution, light spheroidal aggregates of mineral nature (microporous amorphous silica), porogenic additives, hydrophobic agents. MAUERSAN, thanks to its network of intercommunicating pores, stimulates and accelerates the evaporation of the water contained in the damp walls, while blocking the transmission of liquid water from the inside of the walls to the outside. This dual functionality allows to obtain dry surfaces capable of accommodating various types of finishes, as long as they are highly breathable to water vapor.
Compressive strength after 01 day
> 2 N/mm²
Permeability to water vapor
< 10 μ
Flexural strength after 28 days
> 2 N/mm²
Flexural strength at 01 day
> 1 N/mm²
Compressive strength after 28 days
Reaction to fire
Static elastic modulus
< 7000 N/mm²
- Bag 25 kg
- Pallet: 50 x (Bag 25 kg)
The widespread porosity of MAUERSAN makes it possible to have adequate expansion chambers for the crystallization of soluble salts (possibly mobilized during the first application phases of the plastering cycle). The MAUERSAN premix is fiber-reinforced with anti-shrinkage microfibers, it is entirely formulated with raw materials substantially free of soluble salts, it does not contain organic vapor generating substances (VOC) or other raw materials harmful to the health of operators, the environment and the substrates in masonry.
Approximately 13 kg / m² of MAUERSAN for each centimeter of thickness to be created.
Brick, stone and concrete walls, both old and new, subject to capillary rising damp.
• Remove the plaster up to more than 50 cm above any evident humidity or degradation.
• Remove all loose, crumbly or "rotten" joints, remove the joints from bedding mortars when they are excessively crumbly or inconsistent.
• In the presence of surface salts, proceed with scraping and brushing up to the edge of the masonry. In the case of strong saline concentrations deriving from particular conditions (stables, salt deposits, walls in contact with brackish water, environments reached by marine aerosol and other critical situations) evaluate the combination of the dehumidifying plaster with chemical barriers (see technical data sheets of CONSILEX BARRIER A, CONSILEX INJECT MAUER, CONSILEX BARRIER CREAM products) and / or extraction packs based on adsorbent clays, and / or spraying of SANAREG saline inhibitor.
• Thorough general cleaning.
• The regularization of the masonry (any alignments and plumbing), the filling of large cavities, etc., will be carried out after the preparation described above using the UNTERSANA mortar, mixed to the right consistency, possibly with the aid of recollections and / or replacements of particularly deteriorated stone elements.
• Where necessary, to promote adhesion of the plaster, apply a transpiring render made with the specific UNTERSANA preparation. The UNTERSANA rough coat, given as a "sprinkle", must create a rough, corrugated surface, capable of favoring the adhesion of the subsequent plaster.
• The application of MAUERSAN in two coats is recommended. The first coat should be applied a few hours after applying UNTERSANA (swollen but still fresh), to favor a perfect bond between the two products. The second coat must be applied with a uniform thickness when the first coat of INTOBRATHE is well hardened (wait approximately 24 hours between first and second coat). The application can be carried out with manual methods (trowel, trowel) or mechanical spray methods. In the case of applications with a plastering machine, to allow adequate and homogeneous mixing of the product, it is recommended not to use continuous cycle machines.
• Prepare the plaster by adding MAUERSAN to the mixing water, continuing to mix until the desired mixture is obtained and the complete elimination of lumps. It is advisable to apply a minimum thickness of 2.5 cm. For thicknesses greater than 2.5 cm provide for the insertion of ARMAGLASS INTOTECH 225 reinforcement mesh.
• Protect fresh surfaces from direct sunlight, rain and wind, take care of prolonged humid curing.
• Regularize the plastered surfaces with a fine, highly breathable lime-based smoothing compound, SANASTOF.
- Brick trowel
- Finishing trowel
- Plastering machine
- Straight edge
- Mixed walls (bricks and stones)
- Natural stones
- Stone walls