GROUT iTOP is a high-performance, structural, expansive cement mortar to be cast for centimetric thickness in precision anchorages or for the construction and restoration of concrete structures. GROUT iTOP complies with the requirements of the EN 1504/3 standard as a high-performance structural mortar (Class R4) and develops extensive resistance within the first 24 hours after application (>35 MPa). GROUT iTOP is slightly expansive in both plastic and hardened phases whilst being resistant to aggressive environmental agents, thus protecting the reinforcements and minimising the risk of corrosion.
Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures - Anchoring of reinforcing steel bar
Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures - Structural and non-structural repair (R4)
Maximum diameter of aggregate: 6 mm
Shelf-life: 12 months
Temperature of use: +5°/+35 °C
Flexural strength at 01 day
> 7 MPa
Compressive strength after 01 day
> 38 MPa
Static elastic modulus
Steel bar extraction at a load of 75 kN (EN 1504/6)
< 0.6 mm
Flexural strength after 28 days
> 12 MPa
Compressive strength after 28 days
> 75 MPa
Concrete adhesion (cutting test)
> 6 MPa
No bleeding according to UNI 8998
- Bag 25 kg
- Pallet: 50 x (Bag 25 kg)
The main features of GROUT iTOP are:
• The mix of super-fine high-strength binders combined with micronised silica having pozzolanic properties renders the mortar intrinsically impermeable to water and extremely durable against the most severe exposure environments (exposure classes XC = carbonation-induced corrosion, XF frost and thaw, XA chemical attack, XS and XD chloride-induced corrosion) at the end of the hardening process;
• The strongly alkaline pH (> 12) protects the reinforcement bars from triggering corrosion;
• The negligible breathability of the carbon dioxide ensures hardened mortars with extremely prevalent anti-carbonation characteristics;
• If required or necessary, it is possible to add a 25 kg/m3 quantity of READYMESH MM-150 steel fibres to the GROUT iTOP (300 grams per 25 kg bag of GROUT iTOP)—for application thicknesses greater than 8 cm, 25% to 35% of GHIAIETTO 6.10 can be added, being selected dried gravel with particle sizes from 6 to 10 mm, specifically for structural castable mortars, to improve the particle size curve on the basis of the increased casting thickness required;
• A very high fluidity and flow capacity, being a decisive factor in ensuring all gaps are filled in the subplate anchorages and in thin foundation formworks;
• Elevated mechanical characteristics both for short and long curing;
• Great adhesion to concrete and steel.
Approximately 19 kg/m² of GROUT iTOP for every centimetre of thickness to be implemented (approximately 1900 kg per cubic metre).
GROUT iTOP is particularly suited to precision anchorages for steel pillars, turbines, compressors, alternators, frontal and horizontal furnaces, milling machines, planers, presses, port cleats, mills, wind turbines, rock cutting machines and machinery generally. In the road works sector, it is particularly apt for anchoring structural road joints and securing road safety barriers.
The applicative surfaces must be clean, free from contamination or any loose or detached parts and dust, being sufficiently rough to permit good mechanical gripping between the surface and the GROUT iTOP casting. Sufficiently saturate the foundation concrete with water for at least eight hours before pouring the casting mortar. Remove any surface water with sponges or air jets until it is “saturated with a dry surface”. An adequate roughening of the surfaces by scarifying, sandblasting etc. is always necessary in order to obtain the maximum adhesion values to the substrate. The optimal values are obtained with high pressure hydro-scarification. Bare the irons undergoing disruptive oxidation or deeply oxidized, removing the rust of the exposed irons (by sandblasting or abrasive brushes).
Add two-thirds (about 2.5 litres per bag) of the total water into the concrete mixer, then gradually add GROUT iTOP and the remaining water, stirring for 3-4 minutes until a homogeneous mixture with the desired consistency and free of lumps is reached. GROUT iTOP can be easily pumped, following proper mixing with the correct quantities of water (we do not recommend pumps with volumetric dosing of water in which the amount of liquid is not well defined and the product is quickly mixed into the pumping circuit).
For elevated anchoring profiles, adding GHIAIETTO 6.10 is recommended (see the relevant data sheet for more information).
The application temperature is to be between +5° and +35° C.
Abundantly disarm the formwork to prevent surface imperfections and the subtraction of mixture water (GROUT iTOP is strongly adhesive and grips to the various media including wood and steel, if not properly unarmed).
Given the self-levelling properties of the product and its self-compacting capacity, paying due attention to the vibration phase is recommended. Excessive zeal in the vibration operation can worsen the aesthetic rendering of the end result.
Do not use in the absence of suitable lateral containments.
Ensure exposed surfaces are protected and wet-cured.
Adopt casting procedures to ensure the absence of voids and discontinuities. Only pour the mortar from one part of the casting perimeter to avoid air pockets.
- Pour out
- Mixed walls (bricks and stones)
- Prefabricated concrete
- Stone walls