FLOOR TENAX is a pourable, plastic/fluid, fibre-reinforced mortar for use in repairing deteriorated concrete flooring (with a reconstruction thickness from 4 mm to 20 mm) along with structural repairs of reinforced concrete cast in formwork. The formulation contains very fine yet high-strength cements, microsilica compounds with pozzolanic activity, rational granular aggregate composition curve (0.1–1.8 mm), special additives and a substantial amount of READYMESH fibre reinforcement. The product mixes with very low water/binder ratios (<0.32). The special formulation of FLOOR TENAX confers mechanical strength, fracture energy, exceptional durability and very high chemical-physical resistance to the repairs performed.
Screed material and floor screeds - Screed material - Properties and requirements
Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures - Structural and non-structural repair (R4)
Max. recommended thickness: 20 mm
Min. recommended thickness: 8 mm
Mix with water: 11 / 12.5 %
Shelf-life: 12 months
Temperature of use: +5 / +30 °C
> 35 N/mm²
> 2.5 N/mm²
Breaking load longitudinal
Compressive strength after 12 hours
Compressive strength after 28 days
> 95 N/mm²
> 14.5 N/mm²
Static elastic modulus
- Bag 25 kg
FLOOR TENAX has a workability time of approximately >120 minutes, after which the gripping process is triggered followed by a progressive hardening. The hygrometric shrinkage is extremely limited thanks to the presence of glass fibres and READYMESH PM 060 multi-filament polypropylene fibres, guaranteeing volumetric stability to restoration carried out. The performances that make FLOOR TENAX unique are:
• very high mechanical compression strength (> 95 MPa at 28 days),
• very high mechanical tensile and bending strength (> 14.5 MPa at 28 days),
• excellent durability and resistance to chemical attacks.
Approximately 20 kg/m² of FLOOR TENAX for every centimetre of thickness to be implemented (approximately 2000 kg per cubic metre).
FLOOR TENAX is used in the repair of deteriorated floorings with limited thickness (typical applications in the range 8 - 20 mm), characterised by high performance in terms of deformation, resistance and anti-cracking resistance and in particular where there is a need for rapid opening to traffic or rapid exercise after application. The main application fields are:
• repair of industrial concrete floors with walkability allowed after approximately eight hours from casting and drive over allowed after 24-48 hours from application;
• repair of joints in industrial flooring;
• laying and fixing of manhole covers;
• structural repairs and repairs generally performed with casting within formwork.
Application surfaces must be clean, free of dust, contamination, crumbling, inconsistencies, etc., and adequately saturated-surface-dry with water.
• The support must be prepared by mechanical scarification or hydro-scarification for a depth of not less than 8 mm. The scarification of the support is an absolutely necessary operation to ensure sufficient grip of the coating applied. In the case of localized patches or repairs, cut the contours at right angles with an angle grinder.
• The support must not have traces of oils, greases, detergents.
• The support must be in good condition, clean, course, without crumbling parts or dust (suction of all dust and debris with an adequately equipped vacuum system). Wash the surface with pressurized water. Saturate the support with water before applying and eliminate any excess water on the surface.
• Application temperature: 5°C to 35°C.
• We strongly recommend the use of a vertical axis mixer with planetary or double horizontal helical movement, for optimal performance of site operations.
• MIXING: The powder is mixed with potable water in the measure of 11% - 12%, referred to the total weight of the mortar (about 2.75 lt per 25 kg bag) creating a homogeneous mixture. Mixing time: approximately 4 minutes with high-efficiency mixer.
• In the case of large thicknesses (e.g.: manhole repairs) use compaction with a vibrating needle or tamp it down in a very intense way.
• Level the surface with a vibrating screed on the prepared templates.
• The surface must be protected after application by polyethylene sheets or anti-evaporation treatments. The latter should be sprayed on the freshly cast and restored surface (provide anti-evaporation treatments only if no other protective or aesthetic-protective applications are planned above: contact our technical service for advice on the most indicated surface protection methods and on the type of product that can be used as a curing compound).
In the case of thicknesses exceeding 20 mm, FLOOR TENAX must be laid out, supported and floated on a suitable sub-base only with appropriate measures to ensure the structural adhesion and anchoring to the support itself. The methods of anchorage suggested include: laying with a special epoxy resin for structural construction joints (SYNTECH RGS or SYNTECH PAVISHEER); or positioning a galvanized steel net with 5x5 cm mesh and 2 mm wire, which is spaced from the support plane of half the expected thickness of FLOOR TENAX and anchored to the same by "L"-shaped connectors fixed in holes resinated with SYNTECH PROFIX or fixed by nailing with "nail guns".
Provide a cover with wet TNT and waterproof sheet as soon as the surfaces are walkable.
- Finishing trowel
- Straight edge
It is always important to carry out preliminary tests to check the appropriateness of the product, depending on specific requirements. It is recommended to treat carefully the curing of the shotcrete for a few days, through continuous flushing of water or covering the same with a length of cloth made of polyethylene (winter period) or awning in non-woven fabric impregnated with water (spring/summer).
Vuoi saperne di più sui nostri prodotti?
Classic 'level' to adjust, on appropriate preparation of the support, the uneven surface of subbase screeds, before casting tiled floors or otherwise (recommended thicknesses from 5 mm to 15 mm).
Structural cement screed, power floatable, for the manufacture of high adhesion and strong screeds, in industrial and infrastructural environments. Excellent for the re-construction (2-4 cm) of the wear status of old floors.